January 19, 2010 at 12:54 am (Uncategorized)

Today I went in for an appointment with my ENT to see what my options are for my dizziness. I’m at that point in my life where I need to do something because it’s affecting everything I do now. I’ve had to quit many activities I wish I could do either because it’s too risky or because I simply can’t do it anymore.

I’m down to 2 options… a chemical labyrinthectomy or a surgical labyrinthectomy. Both simply mean destroying the inner ear… one chemical destroys it and the other is a removal of the inner ear parts.

However…one small problem…. the doctors are not sure exactly which ear is causing me all my vertigo and balance problems. I’m confident that it’s my right side since everything tends to go wrong on that side. I’m having to get a second opinion about what I should do. Basically it’s a gamble in deciding whether I should go have surgery or not. The worse case scenario is that I feel worse that I do now everyday for the rest of my life and best case scenario is that it reduces my dizziness so I can live a better life.

I hate the gambling part… I’ve never been a good gambler…and never one with such luck.

I’ve got a lot to think about…my pros and cons.

Should I leave it alone and deal with what I have now and regret ever trying to make it better?

Or should I take the risk and see what my outcome is?

I wish someone else could make my decision for me…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: